A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Trend Micro online scan issue

Trend Micro online scan issue

Postby augie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:35 am

My security may have been compromised last night so I started a TrendMicro check and after 45 min, it's still on Step 2 with it saying 1 minute left. I have 410 GB of storage with 160GB used, the rest is still free or unpartitioned space. FF 2.0 shows 200MB of memory used bouncing between %80 and pinning the CPU. I'm also havin trouble typingg s you can seea. Also, my 6.1 Mbps 'net connection is only running at 775Kbps.

Any ideas besides formatting? :cry: :no Thanks all.
Community Director

Postby ar1stotle » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:25 am

Gee augie, I don't see anything wrong with your computer. Seems like a drunk user error!

Just kidding. Ummm, can you boot to safe mode? Does everything work OK then? If you can get to safe mode OK, you can probably do whatever scans you need to and stop the malicious files from executing.
PRO BRONZE

Postby augie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:33 am

ar1stotle wrote:Gee augie, I don't see anything wrong with your computer. Seems like a drunk user error!

Just kidding. Ummm, can you boot to safe mode? Does everything work OK then? If you can get to safe mode OK, you can probably do whatever scans you need to and stop the malicious files from executing.

eez man, why don't I ever renmember that. :confused Maybe I'm drunk! :silly: :guzzle: Thanks, will run scan in safemode. See ya later.
Community Director

Postby augie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:45 am

Can't get online with my ASUS A8N-E in safemode, my onboard GBit needs a driver or my network card has to be hooked up. I'll try and sort this in the morning as I'm :sleeping: Thanks Ar!stotle.
Community Director

Postby ar1stotle » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:09 am

You can always download a trial version of nod32 or something and put it on a flash drive (which, if you have it installed on another computer, u can copy the program files folder to a flash drive and then just run the nod32.exe on the offline computer and run an on-demand scan with all the updated definitions).
PRO BRONZE

Return to Security & Virus