A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Please help - "My Computer" folder

Postby ktchong » Fri Jan 25, 2002 9:34 pm

Hello there, I have 2 problems. One is that when I open the "My Computer" folder and I try to click on any of the drives, instead of openning to view it, I get the backup wizard. In this case I have righ-click on the drive and then go to click open (..and I see the "Backup" is first from the top in bold). Does anyone know how to make the "Open" click as the default??? My second thing is that if I open "My Computer" folder I see all the drives (colorful) icons except the zip drive. The icon is still there but it's just a generic one, like XP does not recognize it (the drive is working though). I tried to uninstall it and install back. Then the normal icon shows and after a while changes to the generic one. I think that means that something is either wrong with my mapped drives (not pointing to a right direction.....but drive is working?!) or I need to change something in the registry which I cannot find. Please help. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you for your time...
PRO New Member

Postby xpuser2002d » Sat Feb 02, 2002 3:52 am

Try going into the folder options and file types tab then click on your drive file exstention and chnage the default to open.
PRO New Member

Postby ktchong » Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:15 pm

Thank you for the reply, that worked. Somehow I deleted the open option.
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support