A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

LCD or PLASMA?

Postby kanaloa » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:54 pm

To celebrate and get SOMETHING tax free, I think we're about to pick up one of these:

Panasonic 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Progressive-Scan DVD/CD/MP3/JPEG Player - Silver
Model: SC-HT740

Nice sale that ends today on them. Christmas is coming early this year ;)
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby SCgone » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:11 am

kanaloa wrote:To celebrate and get SOMETHING tax free, I think we're about to pick up one of these:

Panasonic 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Progressive-Scan DVD/CD/MP3/JPEG Player - Silver
Model: SC-HT740

Nice sale that ends today on them. Christmas is coming early this year ;)

That's a nice one, I actually looked at it before I bought my Sony system.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby kanaloa » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:50 am

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting it working. We just bought it... after a nightmare.

When I originally posted that we'd just gotten back from Best Buy and been told they were sold out, so we were calling the other one across town, but never got through to the right department (go figure). We almost bought it online, but sales tax applied, so we figured we'd keep trying local stores instead first. We called our local store again just to make sure they were sold out. They were. So we called Circuit City and they told us they'd match the price. Done deal right? NO! We go to Circuit City and they tell us we can either match the price at $299 (great price for the unit) OR give us the Wireless Speaker Unit (free at Best Buy) for half off (regular price $160). So we decide that Circuit City can just keep their stuff and we try to call the Best Buy across town again. No luck. We stopped back by the first Best Buy (the one that it was "sold out" at - we were told that IN the store just two hours earlier AND on the phone to confirm it 45 min ago). Natasha this time talked to the security guy at the front, who called the manager of the store across town. Confirmed they don't have it across town, so it looks like we're stuck to buying it online and paying sales tax. Oh well, at least we get the free wireless unit ($160). Ironically the manager across town also told him the store we were in had 8 left... riiiight. They must be using Windows NT still. Oh but wait... on his little security camera he's like... um, we have 6. "Excuse me?" You have WHAT?

Sure enough, stacked away from the other units on the floor near the back of the car audio department there stand 6 boxes of the unit we want.

I wanted to kill someone at Best Buy.

In any event... I'm going to go install it now and watch the USC-ND game.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby augie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:13 am

In any event... I'm going to go install it now and watch the USC-ND game.

Hey, some life for ND, nice run by Quinn. :yesnod:

EDIT: Holy turnovers Batman! :shocked:
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby kanaloa » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:32 am

WTH? Again?? Turnovers galore.
President

Re: LCD or PLASMA?

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:34 pm

This is a very old thread but, hey that's a great update on what's happening with monitors, thank you green1706.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing