A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

getting info from excell and manipulating it on the net

getting info from excell and manipulating it on the net

Postby isus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:47 am

At work we need to find distances between zip codes to find installers that are close to the work sites. However this is a real tedious task do it long hand by plugging in the installer's zip and the site zip into mapquest or some other online program to find distances between the locations. I was wondering if there was anyway to write a short script that would automate this process, so all we would have to do is plug in the site zip and the program would extract the site zip and go down the list and compare it with the installers zip and then return the distance? any ideas?

thnaks
PRO Level 4

Re: getting info from excell and manipulating it on the net

Postby toxic chicken » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:29 am

isus wrote:At work we need to find distances between zip codes to find installers that are close to the work sites. However this is a real tedious task do it long hand by plugging in the installer's zip and the site zip into mapquest or some other online program to find distances between the locations. I was wondering if there was anyway to write a short script that would automate this process, so all we would have to do is plug in the site zip and the program would extract the site zip and go down the list and compare it with the installers zip and then return the distance? any ideas?

thnaks
me are confuzzled.
PRO Level 5

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts