A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Incredible Spyware problems

Incredible Spyware problems

Postby D3LM3L » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:46 pm

Where do I start? Today I've ran several full-length scans across my computer in Safe Mode and in regular mode. It found two trojans and a few spywares (Ad-Aware + AVG + Spybot). But, that wasn't enough. For a while my computer has been starting up very badly. Meaning, it would load to the desktop, and almost less than a second after explorer.exe would lock up completely for about 80 seconds, and then reload. I've been getting a RUNDLL.exe error that asks for some strangely named filed (w19ba...), and there's this strange IE startup process that goes to http://iesettingsupdate or some address like that. I've ran msconfig, and found these two or three strange startup processes (that have to do with what I'm talking about) and have unchecked them and applied my settings- no difference. I've restarted twice already, in selective startup and normal modes, and no success. Not only that, but it seems there's also a Dealio toolbar in IE (which I've found in my program files folder) but I have no idea as to how to remove it. Could someone please help me here? All I use Windows is for Flight Simulator and I could've flown from New York to Miami by now with the amount of time I'm spending fixing the stupid OS.
<b>Mac Pro:</b>
Dual Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2.0GHz (Woodcrest)
3GB DDR2-667 FB-DIMM RAM
ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB
23" Apple Cinema Display
Windows Vista + Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

<b>PowerBook G4 15"</b>
PowerPC G4 1.5GHz
1.5GB DDR PC2700 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
PRO Level 7

Postby augie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Can you post those three entries please, it'll give us a direction. Dealio by itself is only a shopping search engine and hasn't got much bad press, only Sophos but it's the way it got on.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Return to Security & Virus