A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

what can php do for me?

what can php do for me?

Postby isus » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:18 am

I don't know much about php. my knowledge is really limited to html, css, some javascript, flash and xhtml. I sort of know what php is (i think is a server side language). But if I'm not building an ecommerse website what can php do for me?

As some of you have seen I've been posting some questions on the board as I try to create my personal website. I've built a few in the past but nothing as complex is this. It will be entirly flash based, coded in dreamweaver, and in xhtml 1 either strict or transitional: i haven't decided. In any case I was wondering if php would be useful here...any ideas? It would probably help out to let you all know that the site is mainly a digital portfolio: resumes, about me, contact info, past work exp., graphic work examples...etc...
PRO Level 4

Postby imnuts » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:22 am

It could be used to make directory listings better for sending out resumes so you didn't have to manually link everything. It could also be made to randomize the site layout/theme based on a person's browser or something else about the system. Javascript could do the same thing as well, but with PHP, the user couldn't disable the effects, where there is a possibility they could with javascript. It is also good with photo galleries when you have the GD library enabled as you can create thumbnails with a php script instead of actually making thumbnails manually.
PRO SUPREME

Postby isus » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:31 am

my entire site content is going to be in a flash file so the only thing i need to layout in the site is the position of the flash movie.
PRO Level 4

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts