A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VBPro3.0 error on XP Pro

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby kd1966 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:54 pm

This is my eMachines POS system, but I figured I'd get it into the beta testing arena too..........lol it's fighting back apparantly............lol

EDIT: I CAN install and successfully run VBPro 2.1 in 2000, so I'll just stick with that for now......... and my 64 bit system, within x64XP, I just installed VBPro3.0 and chose to remove older version and it DID IT! As advertised...... ^*^
PRO PLATINUM

Postby kd1966 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:22 pm

I just did a complete uninstall, deleted the downloaded file, and reinstalled using the REMOVE any previous versions................. but still same error On XP x86). Looking closer at it, there appears to be a FONT problem............ something with the segoui or whatever they call it
PRO PLATINUM

Postby kd1966 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:46 am

Ok, VistaBootPRO 2.1 has FIXED the font problem in XP, however, my particular setup has its own issues and refuses to run VBPro3.0....... or even 3.1............... I would probably scream louder, but I'm on the "development" team...........lol Hey, I'm supposed to FIND these errors and fix them.....right??

Anyhow, kudos to our Team for finding these last minute issues and fixing them.....
PRO PLATINUM

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:57 am

hehehe kd1966 :lol: I tried to recreate your situation with Windows 2000 as my system drive and followed by Windows XP Pro and then Vista 5728 and yeah neither VistaBootPRO 3.0 nor 3.1 will work on Windows 2000 since they are programmed in C# and have a special dll file for the XP explorer, but as you say version 2.1 runs fine on Windows 2000.

On Windows XP I have no problems with any version of VistaBootPRO and I tried 5 or 6 different Windows XP installations and VistaBootPRO of all flavors run great :harley: :pirate:

Thats one strange Windows XP configuration you must have there :uhhh :eek: :lol:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby kd1966 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:56 am

Yeah, it's the one that had a "small" 24GB partition and I wanted to resize it, but it was at the end of the disk and the only way to accomplish this was to use Acronis, which I did after getting the backups done. Then I deleted the current partition and recreated it where I wanted it and tried to restore the XP stuff from backup. That did not work and I ended up doing a clean intsall of XP Pro (Wiping the Vista bootloader) which worked and I was still able to boot 2000 and XP, at which point I used a pre release 3.0 to reinstall the Vista bootloader, which did work and I had Vista, 2000, and XP, but the problem I think is Partition letttering in XP. When I was booted to XP before, 2000 was the C: drive (And still is) and XP was the G: drive. NOW, after the clean install, XP is the D: drive and XP won't allow me to change the drive letter, which I think (After Jeff mentioned it) may be affecting VBPro 3.x running in XP
PRO PLATINUM

Previous

Return to PRO Software