A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

vistaboot pro without vista?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

vistaboot pro without vista?

Postby williamlee » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:59 am

is it all right to use vistabootpro with xp pro but without vista?

what to backup?

how to restore when vistabootpro failed?

I would like to have your reply to

Email address removed by Bell1

'cause I don't hang out here very often.

thanks and regards,

William, Hongkong,
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:41 pm

Hi there williamlee and welcome to PROnetworks!! It's great to have you here; you can get much better coverage on your issue if you post it in the Windows and Vista Support areas, but as a quick answer to your question - if Vista is NOT installed on your system, you cannot run VistaBootPRO, as it requires access to the BCD files. Enjoy the site!
PRO PLATINUM

Postby maarten_s » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:48 pm

That's not completly true. I just installed Vistaboot Pro after I deleted my Vista partition, just get the vista boot manager lost.
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:00 pm

Hello and welcome to PROnetworks maarten_s! It is true that if you delete the Vista partition that VistaBootPRO will still stay installed on your XP partition, if you installed it there, however, it will no longer run if the place where the BCD data files were also deleted from the "System" drive, which for most in a dual boot scenario is on the XP partition. So yes, VistaBootPRO will run, but you can't really do anything with it until you reinstall Vista. Hope that makes sense; BTW, could you please stop by our Introduction Area so we can give you a PRO welcome! Enjoy the site!
PRO PLATINUM

Return to PRO Software