A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Overriding a Redirect With Frames?

Overriding a Redirect With Frames?

Postby Telos » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:06 pm

One of the guys at work is setting up an online store for one division of our company, and it basically goes out to another store site and then when the user logs off redirects back to our main company website. The problem is that our main site has a different store set up, so we want them to redirect to another site... and according to him we can't override that on the stores end.

So the question is if we have the entire store site contained in a frame, would there be a way to detect the redirect and then redirect again to the division's site?
...I'm prepared to passionately argue the point until nothing makes sense anymore! - Red Mage
PRO Level 5

Postby jbullard » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:26 pm

I am sure that it can be done in Javascript. So basically once the user log's out of the store, it redirects back to your main page but you want it to go somewhere else correct?
VP - Software

Postby Telos » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Right.

I'd guessed it would be possible with JavaScript, but I don't know it that well... any ideas on where to start?
...I'm prepared to passionately argue the point until nothing makes sense anymore! - Red Mage
PRO Level 5

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts