A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPro Worked Once

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPro Worked Once

Postby coinstar » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:32 am

Hi
I reinstalled Windows Vista Beta 32 Build 5384. Right after that I installed Vista Boot Pro. The first time I ran the program it work. I click different menu icons then I closed the program. The second time I ran the program it would not run. It said to run as Admin. I did run as Admin. It did the same.
The bcdedit command.
I run this command right after A fresh install. It did different than the first installment of Windows Vista. However the second time I ran bcdedit it did the same as the first installment of Windows Vista.

Windows Vista is on my hda1 this is the 2nd hard drive
Linux is on sda drive sda5, sda6, sda7
The lilo boot loader is on sda1 this is the 1st hard drive.
The lilo boot loader will boot Windows Vista.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:38 am

Hey coinstar and welcome to PROnetworks. Try uninstalling the old version of VistaBootPRO and then download and install Version 2.1

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re VistaBootPro Worked Once

Postby coinstar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:11 am

Hi
It is working. I went to BIOS and change the hard dirve so the hard drive Windows Vista is on would boot first. That was the problem. When I installed Windows Vista it could not find the SAta drive. It ask to load A driver and I did but it gave me an error saying it failed. However, After I installed Windows Vista I loaded the driver and it could find the Sata drive. So when I first tried A system recoverey it could not find an operating system. It also did something and I could not boot in to Windows Vista. It said the BCD was missing imformation. I tried A System Restore and again I could not boot in to Window Vista. However all of this is for nothing since the Vista boot loader can not be edit to boot linux. (At least that is what I have read in this forum) So I will go back to BIOS and change the hard drive so linux disk will boot first The linux boot loader lilo will load all the operating system.
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software