A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Vista no longer dual boots after VBPro 2.0

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby TheWolfen » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:29 pm

I have the exact same problem. I had a dual-booting Win XP & Vista system, used VistaBootPro2 Beta to change the default to my Win XP install and updated the title for it. After that I got the NTLDR error with Win XP.

I then followed these instructions and (once) after using fixboot to repair XP I used the Vista DVD to fix the Vista boot. It restored everything exactly as it was AFTER I made the changes to the boot menu, including breaking XP.

So then I repeated the process but used VistaBootPro2 to restore the Vista config (after fixing XP) and it did the same thing. So XP still won't boot.

I think the problem is that it is restoring all the changes back to the boot menu, including whatever broke XP in the first place. So now I'm stuck. I'll have to reinstall Vista near as I can tell, unless someone has a better idea. Thanks!
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Welcome to PROnetworks TheWolfen!! Great to have you here; please stop by our Introduction Area so we can welcome you properly.

It's always best to start your own thread so we don't cause any confusion in who we are helping. To make it a bit easier, I will move this into a new thread. Enjoy the site!
PRO PLATINUM

Postby Grav!ty » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:58 am

Hi TheWolfen and welcome to PROnetworks ^*^

It seems like you are another of the unfortunate folks who got hit by a bug in Beta 2 of the application. It seems to be isolated to only some system configurations.

You will find a fix for the problem HERE

Follow the instructions step by step and you should have no problems getting back your Vista installation and then your XP installation.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software