A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

I can't get my Communication Ports to work

Postby phchin » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:09 am

That's the thing, i've tryed to re-install my Win XP Pro 4 times and I can't get my communication ports to work. When I go to Systems in the Control Panel, all my COM's have a yellow exclamation point on it! And when I go to my Windows ME, they are working just fine! Any ideas?? Thanks! PS: Sorry for my english!
PRO New Member

Postby oldmanlinc » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:13 pm

Ok, first, and foremost... make sure you have the drivers for the motherboard, and that they are the correct ones. If you cannot find the drivers post what kind of motherboard you have and I can get them for you, if you cannot. Also, did you check/troubleshoot to see what the error was. Usually when you have the yellow exclamation mark, it also usually provides you with an explanation if you go to Hardware Manager and click properties on the abovesaid device(s). Let me know how it goes! -Adam
PRO Level 3

Postby phchin » Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:28 pm

My motherboard is ASUS P5S-B, and yes I still have the CD-ROM that came with it. I've looked in the troubleshooting section, and it says that I have to uninstall and install the COM Ports again, which I've done many time, it also says that the error has the code 43. Hope you can help me!
PRO New Member

Postby oldmanlinc » Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:58 pm

Necro -- I am going home now, Ill try and help you find the answer to your question when I get home. Take care.
PRO Level 3

Postby oldmanlinc » Fri Feb 01, 2002 3:53 am

Necro -- Sorry I haven't responded sooner, had some stuff to take care of and had Econ class tonight, which, is thankfully, over! :smile: Anyhow, after searching for about half hour, I found a link that you may be interested. I couldn't futher assist you because I need more specific info about your motherboard. So, here is the link, this should have the most up-to-date drivers. Hope this works. Ciao http://usa.asus.com/download/mbdriver/m ... -index.htm -Adam
PRO Level 3

Return to General Windows Support