A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

vistabootpro

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

vistabootpro

Postby baje55 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:47 pm

I made a bobo! I installed Vistaboorpro and for the boot choice I have selected vista beta and put a 1 second timeout for xp now when the startup screen comes on it blows past me and tries to load xp and hangs.

I now have booted in safe mode but when I select Vistabootpro, a vista window pops up and says it is checking xxxxx or something and then goes away and I can't load vistabootpro. Any suggestions?

thanks
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:03 pm

Yeah --- open msconfig and change the Timeout setting there.

If this is preventing you getting into XP, you should manually edit the boot.ini file so that you have a longer timeout

NOTE --- Vista and XP use separate Timeouts that need to be managed separately :yesnod:
PRO VETERAN

vistabootpro

Postby baje55 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:54 pm

JabbaPapa wrote:Yeah --- open msconfig and change the Timeout setting there.

If this is preventing you getting into XP, you should manually edit the boot.ini file so that you have a longer timeout

NOTE --- Vista and XP use separate Timeouts that need to be managed separately :yesnod:

I don't want xp to boot at all just vista. What do I do in this case?
PRO New Member

Re: vistabootpro

Postby gries818 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:55 pm

baje55 wrote:
JabbaPapa wrote:Yeah --- open msconfig and change the Timeout setting there.

I don't want xp to boot at all just vista. What do I do in this case?

In VistaBootPRO just set the timeout to zero

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to PRO Software