A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPRO Troubles

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby kd1966 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:40 am

Ok, looking at your image and rereading your description, it seems to me that you will have to do a "manual" edit of your Boot.ini in XP Pro to pick up the XP Home install. This is not necessarily a "bug" per se, but is the manifestation of you MOVING the HDD to a secondary controller and it no longer being the "active" HD on the system.
I believe a manual edit of the Boot.ini would fix this - but please wait for additional guidance on this, as we don't want to jump to conclusions just yet.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:21 am

PRO VETERAN

Postby Splog » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:56 am

JabbaPapa wrote:http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78102

:whistle

hey, i don't think that applies to me Jabba Pappa, as i've got all those files on my main drive and all my drive letters match the ones in VBP.

can someone confirm what kd1966 (is that a reference to the english world cup win by the way? :) ) was saying?

at the moment i only have the XP Pro install in my boot.ini on my C drive and only the XP Home install in my boot.ini on my F drive.

is this the problem? when i tried adding the XP Home install to my boot.ini on my C drive it just created a second old style boot menu that appeared after i selected either of the non-vista OSs.

thanks again and apologys if i'm being slow here. :)
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:38 pm

Another option would be to create the XP Home entry in VBPro as a new legacy OS entry
PRO PLATINUM

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:25 pm

No, nothing to do with you Splog ...

In order not to confuse things any further, I will pursue the XP VBP bug issue in a separate thread. ;)
PRO VETERAN

Previous

Return to PRO Software