A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows desktop search 3.0

Postby rocksea » Wed May 31, 2006 4:19 am

ODiaz86 wrote:
gries818 wrote:hmm, I installed that software without issue... i wonder whats wrong with your computer?

Ditto...But i dont wanted it, so i just uninstall it. Not much to do with it for me.
dont know why such an error pops up. anyways good to see that someone else is also getting the same error :dontgetit

the desktop search is good for fast search in outlook. i have found it so useful.
PRO New Member

Postby pihlen » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:28 pm

I had the same problem and managed to solve it by following the steps found at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=919163 (provided by ylkb earlier in this thread).

I had to repeat the install / modify permissions in my registry about 5 times since there were several keys with failing permissions.

Finally the setup went through and I'm now indexing my stuff :)

Luck to ya all
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:17 pm

Welcome to PROnetworks pihlen!! Hope you're enjoying the site! Why not head over to our Introduction Area and let us say hi to you? Again, welcome!
PRO PLATINUM

Postby rocksea » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:57 am

pihlen wrote:I had the same problem and managed to solve it by following the steps found at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=919163 (provided by ylkb earlier in this thread).

I had to repeat the install / modify permissions in my registry about 5 times since there were several keys with failing permissions.

Finally the setup went through and I'm now indexing my stuff :)

Luck to ya all
well in my case the registry key \HKCR\.wll\PersistentHandler is non-existent and there is nothing to be modified. The permissions of \.wll\ is all set right. This is some other error...
PRO New Member

Previous

Return to Alpha / Beta Software