A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPro enhancement requests ...

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPro enhancement requests ...

Postby wort4712 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:06 pm

Hello,

i crashed my system by modifying the BCD with the "Advanced Options" of VistaBootPro.

Partition C: is Windows XP SP2
Partition D: is Windows Vista Beta2

I wanted to edit the text which apears in the boot menu and accidentally changed the drive letter. So both entries, the legacy entry an the Vista entry are referencing the wrong partition.
I was able to restore the XP by using the recovery console ...

Enhancement request 1: VistaBootPro should check the existance of the appropriate files at the referenced partition before saving the data (and warn the user if not available).
For legacy systems there should be a \ntldr and for Vista systems there should be a \Windows\system32\winload.exe ...

Enhancement request 2: The "Delete Vista Boot" button in VistaBootPro "Change Settings" should only be enabled if an Vista boot loader does exist.

Enhancement request 3: VistaBootPro should have an "Restore Vista Boot" button eg. if there is boot configuration data available but the boot loader is not in place.

Enhancement request 4: VistaBootPro should not crash on systems where no Vista and no boot configuration data is available (eg. XP only systems), maybe a bug ....

Thanks
Wolfgang
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 pm

Thank you very much for your input on these issues wort4712. We will certainly take a good look at your suggestions/requests and see what we can do about them ^*^

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby kd1966 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:45 pm

AFAIK, VBPro will not run if a Vista installation is not detected on the system, so if the Vista bootloader is not available, VBPro will install, but not run.

It will say "Cannot Access boot loader" and suggest you run it as an admin. It's perfectly safe to run it, because nothing will happen.

As for the rest of the comments, thanks for letting is know, and we'll definitely do our best to solve them
PRO PLATINUM

Return to PRO Software