A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Bad trojans

Bad trojans

Postby Tawnster » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:06 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know of a site that offers free trojan scans and and removals? I think I have a trojan. I did a free virus scan from a site and it said I had two trojans but it wouldn't fix/remove them without my ordering all it's fixing stuff.

Is this normal for trojans? I know viruses can be fixed/removed via the free scans. I've spent quite alot of time already trying to find such a site, but not being as computer savy as others, I've been wasting too much time coming up with nothing. So if anyone has been thru this and can help and direct me??? I'd appreciate it greatly!!!

Thanks SO much in advance!!
T.
PRO Level 2

Postby MisterFixit » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:47 am

Hi you can get a program called swat it for free
www.lockdowncorp.com :yesnod:
Treat everyone with respect tell they don't deserve it no more
PRO New Member

Postby augie » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:40 pm

You can also download this free trial http://www.misec.net/ Good for 30 days. You can double check what another site's free check shows. There are some unscrupulous people showing you false positives.

augie
Community Director

Postby *Starz* » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:30 pm

Thanks for the links MrFixit and augie... Image ...hope you don't mind...I'm adding both links to one of my existing posts...giving both of you credit...and making it a sticky in order to help as many users as possible... :)
[align=center]Image

~ You Are Never Given A Wish Without Being Given The Power To Make It Come True ~[/align]
PRO Level 16

Return to Security & Virus