A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Need help Infecting my Computer

Postby Neuromancer » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:32 pm

Bell1 wrote:
SHK wrote:oh really? :-x :embarrassed: :x ----- Image before firefox even opened the download window, avast stopped it..

I don't know what could unless they added the url link in the database. The only way you'll get the test virus is by clicking on one of the links.

No you are right Avast stopped the Download not opening the page :)

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Postby SHK » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:35 pm

yeah.. did I not make that clear?
Hello. My name is Brock!

PRO Level 14

Postby SCgone » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Computer Guru wrote:ok SHK.... you wer right :yesnod:

@Bell1: most modern AV programs simply use IMON to intercept all packets at the winsock layer
downloading the .com will trigger avast or nod32, but downloading the zip will not.
you can DL the zip version, then open it. NOD32 will not let me even open the zip, but it lets me DL it

I know how an antivirus works, but I quote his post where he states that it wouldn't let him connect to the page and that link in the quote is NOT a test virus and doesn't contain one.

SHK wrote:Avast aborts the connection when I try to even CONNECT to http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm .... Avast is smart...
PRO PLATINUM

Postby NT50 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:08 pm

ar1stotle wrote::-/ I dont remember asking for sites that bug my computer... but maybe I did something similar but dont remember. I seem to remember c0ldfyr3 saying that he had a few DVDs of nothing but viruses though. But it makes me feel special that you wanted to prove Jojo wrong and say that I did something first :P :lol:

But as far as this thread is concerned, I knew God had a purpose for me seeing THIS on TV this morning...

Edit: that link isnt to a site that puts a virus on your comp, its safe to click multiple times ^*^

The link to G4?????/

Funny to me 2.5 weeks ago or so Spysweeper just made Number 1 with PC World..................
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Security & Virus