A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Two New PayPal Spoofs

Postby Mac33 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:10 pm

I recieved one yesterday and meant to warn others about it. I have sent in a report.
PROfessional Member

Postby j8k3sp00n » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi,

You beat me to the punch; I've received 2 of these in the past 10 days or so.

If you get one of these, do not click on anything in the email or even go directly to your bank or credit card to see if you've been charged. Forward the spoof to <spoof@paypal.com>; let them handle it. They actually do "handle" it; at least I got a reply saying they were.

BTW, the first one was to confirm that I bought a gold bracelet; fat chance. Second said my account was being "limited". It already was severely limited, fool.

:P
PRO Level 8

Postby trex » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:48 pm

got a paypal email reciept for a $188 watch i did not buy. it all looks legit if you click on dispute these charges it asks you to log on.
i reported them. bet if i had logged on through thier link my credit would have been maxed out in less than an hour.
PRO Level 4

Postby Xstream » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:50 pm

trex wrote:got a paypal email reciept for a $188 watch i did not buy. it all looks legit if you click on dispute these charges it asks you to log on.
i reported them. bet if i had logged on through thier link my credit would have been maxed out in less than an hour.

I just got the same thing. I reported it and paypal confirmed the spoof.
PROfessional Member

Return to Security & Virus