A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

HiJackThis

Postby jrcserver1 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:41 am

Yeah, as a couple of others have said on this thread, they use it when fixing other people's computers (or at least cleaning them up).

I ALWAYS get asked my friends' computers what to delete, and what not to delete (that HiJackThis has caught).
PRO Level 7

Postby Curtybob » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:18 am

Mac33 wrote:That would be the Trojan Vundi you removed Bob. That's a nasty one. :yesnod:

It sure was. :yesnod: It made a joke out of an up-to-date installation of Norton AV, which I already despise. :lol: Every time my Mom started her PC, Norton would give her infinite warnings that she had a bad file on her PC. About every 2-3 seconds, she had to close another warning just to try to get something done. It totally made her PC useless unless booted in safe mode. But after about an hour at her house, and a nice bald spot on my head (from pulling my hair out) I got it fixed. And might I add that I only fixed it by luck. I just happened across the right tool on the 'net.
PROfessional Member

Postby kd1966 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:51 pm

just a note for any future virus/trojan work you might do - turn off system restore, run C[rap]Cleaner, reboot to SafeMode w/Networking and run all scans and registry edits

You are right............... tons of tools out there on the web - we just have to find them
PRO PLATINUM

Previous

Return to Security & Virus