A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Spyware app question

Postby augie » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:13 am

sharkattack wrote:i think ms antispyware is an active program and spywareblaster is just a background

I'm sorry, I missed that. :oops: Get rid of MS AS for now and see if ZA behaves better. I'd hate to see you waste your bucks. ZA has made a lot of updates since that article was done.

EDIT:
sharkattack wrote:i think ms antispyware is an active program and spywareblaster is just a background

That is correct. This could be your issue.
Last edited by augie on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby ar1stotle » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:16 am

If you really need an alternate firewall though, I use Sygate. It works very well, IMHO. Although, like augie, I would hate to see your money go to waste ($80 is a fairly large amount for some software that ends up making your internet slower though).
PRO BRONZE

Postby sharkattack » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:29 am

OK i checked and MS antispyware didnt help when it was turned off so it takes that out of the picture
OK 1st Q is augie do you also run MS and if you do you think i should keep it since its active and the others are similar also should i disable spybots teatimer since that is active to?

2nd Q is i updated my ZA but didnt do a clean install so that could be why my problem didnt get cured with the update from zone labs and how would i try to reinstall the update with a full clean installation?

Thanks for your help guys and i have to leave now but leave your answers and i will be back tommorow at 2:30 to reply back.
PRO Level 2

Postby augie » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:55 am

OK 1st Q is augie do you also run MS and if you do you think i should keep it since its active and the others are similar also should i disable spybots teatimer since that is active to?

I don't run MS AS anymore and never had any any issue with Teatimer when I did. I use ZA free, AVG free, and all your other programs over two rigs and all is fine. I wouldn't run MS AS at the same time with your ZA Suite though I've never used the ZA Suite yet. I remember using two AV's a few years ago and it killed my rig. I know that MS AS is not an AV, this is just an example of running similar FW/AV apps.

2nd Q is i updated my ZA but didnt do a clean install so that could be why my problem didnt get cured with the update from zone labs and how would i try to reinstall the update with a full clean installation?

That may be the way to go. ZA should have an uninstall entry in start/ all programs. If not, then you can go to Control Panel/ ADD/Remove programs and kill it from there. After you uninstall, run a registry cleaner like RegSupreme on the regular setting. It's a fully functional trial. Reinstall ZA after rebooting and update. Hope it works for you.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby sharkattack » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:18 am

OK i pretty much tried everything and it just the same thing and i know this is from the zonealarm since i have a dell 9100 with a 3.2ghz pentium D and 2 gb of ram and my comp shouldn't be running that slow. So i decided 80 bucks isnt worth ruining my $3,000 computer so im just going to uninstall it.
PRO Level 2

Postby sharkattack » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:19 am

Now my question is what firewall should i run now the free zonealarm or something better. Also that was my Av so i need a sugestion for what Av i should run. Thanks
PRO Level 2

Previous

Return to Security & Virus