A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How To Convert A RAR file Into An ISO file?

Postby Odinn » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:17 am

you can't just change the file extension as RAR is an archiving format completely different from ISO

you could actually if this :

How To Convert A RAR file Into An ISO file?

.. is the question. :P
tasklist /fi status eq not responding
PRO Level 17

Postby majid705 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:17 am

OK thanx for you help mate if i do find pne ill post the link...
PRO Level 2

Postby augie » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:19 am

As for a direct conversion program, winrar is the only thing i found that allows conversion of stuff and it can only go from ISO to RAR and not the other way around.

If it is already an ISO that is RAR'd, then unRARing it brings back the ISO which you then burn. It's not one step but painless really.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby Neuromancer » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:02 am

augie wrote:
As for a direct conversion program, winrar is the only thing i found that allows conversion of stuff and it can only go from ISO to RAR and not the other way around.

If it is already an ISO that is RAR'd, then unRARing it brings back the ISO which you then burn. It's not one step but painless really.

That is what I was just thinking.

IS it possible you could go into a little more detail in exactly what you are trying to do?

Fer instance... you just downloaded the new Ubuntu Live CD and its a RAR file but you need to burn an ISO.

then unpacking the RAR will reveal an ISO file

If you are backing up your game disks or something and to conserve space you copy them via WinRAR, wht you need to do is actually copy them with an ISO app then RAR them to shrink em up

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Postby chrisoah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:13 pm

hey guys im new any way i got bitlord and i chose my games and now the become as rar files how do i convert them to a iso file for my memory
PRO New Member

Postby chrisoah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:21 pm

i want to just quote about downloading a rar file and then making a iso file to put on my mmry card to play on my psp
Neuromancer wrote:
augie wrote:

That is what I was just thinking.

IS it possible you could go into a little more detail in exactly what you are trying to do?

Fer instance... you just downloaded the new Ubuntu Live CD and its a RAR file but you need to burn an ISO.

then unpacking the RAR will reveal an ISO file

If you are backing up your game disks or something and to conserve space you copy them via WinRAR, wht you need to do is actually copy them with an ISO app then RAR them to shrink em up
PRO New Member

Postby chrisoah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:23 pm

man somee one on :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^
PRO New Member

Postby chrisoah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:26 pm

hey all i wanna do is put iso games on my psp is there a conveter or sumthing to do
PRO New Member

Postby Hughv » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:39 am

Get 7 zip here:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Un RAR the file, then burn the ISO.
"He uses silence like you use words."

Reginald Hill, from the Dalziel and Pascoe series
PRO Level 3

Postby xxsonyboy4lfexx » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:14 am

This program will make it an iso
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
PRO Level 8