A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Emergency Help Needed!

Postby *Starz* » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:11 pm

Well...well...well...whadya' know...already time to resurrect this thread... :x
However I must say I certainly fared better than the boys in here earlier... :yesnod:

I was cruisin' on line just a short time ago...and my AVG antivirus program knocked me off line...which it will do if it encounters a virus/trojan..."THANK GAWD"...anywho...immediately a window popped up telling me to run my AVG for healing...which is exactly what I did...8 minutes latter another popup gave me the message below:

Virus Infection:

Infected Files Detected:.............1
Viruses Removed By Healing:.....1
Files Moved to VIRUS VAULT:.....0
Viruses Still On The Drive:.........0

Now...being somewhat suspicious when it comes to a matter like this...in addition I ran Anti-Trojan 5.5.407 and happily I received the report below:

Anti-Trojan Report

Total analysis
The total analysis shows an overview of the trojan search.

Anti-Trojan Version 5.5.407
Trojan search Begin of search: 1/16/2003 9:40:49 AM - End of search: 1/16/2003 10:00:42 AM

Portscan: (found known ports)

Registry-Scan:

Drive-Scan:

Number of scanned files: 25493
Number of found trojan files: 0

Congratulations! No trojans have been found in your system.

All in all the entire process was over in about 30 minutes...I am so thankful that my antivirus program updates itself regularly when I am on line...and I am also thankful that I did not have to go through what John and RIP did...Apparently AVG now has the ability to heal trojans...which I did not believe was possible of an anitvirus program...I just ran both of these scans last Saturday and came up clean...I firmly believe this nasty little BackDoor.Optix trojan was picked up on line this morning... :yesnod:

Everyone out there Don't Forget..."UPDATE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS ON A REGULAR BASIS"...and get yourself a good antitrojan program too...

(I'M A HAPPY GIRL...I'M A HAPPY GIRL...WOO HOO)... :P
[align=center]Image

~ You Are Never Given A Wish Without Being Given The Power To Make It Come True ~[/align]
PRO Level 16

Postby SCgone » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:26 pm

Good deal Starz. I have my machine to update at 10 every night, but sometimes my wife's computer isn't on at the time I have her's set for. For that reason, I also have mine set to update all network machines daily at a different time. That way, maybe all machines will get an update daily.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby Yappinator » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:40 pm

yay michel

Im happy we didnt hav to go through a fix or reformat today.

and I also happy that AVG works well for ya.

yaps
Yappinator

Postby Mac33 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:10 pm

Well done Michel
I have just checked my Anti-Virus this morning and everything is OK . I have mine set to scan every day. With the amount of traffic i recieve it is important for me to check daily, so far....so ood.
all the best :yesnod:
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Security & Virus