A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Need help with PHP Directory Listing

Need help with PHP Directory Listing

Postby [Dima] » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:18 am

I have a problem with listing directory on my ftp.
I have a folder called downloads on the ftp server where i have some music videos... the file that reads that directory is outside that folder.

When i put the file back into the downloads folder it reads the direcotry fine and when i include it as php it wont read... well it reads the main dir not the downloads.

So i changed default_dir to "downloads" and i placed the php files into the main root. Now when i include it... it reads the downloads dir but with errors... it wont read the size and date >_<

here's the code i used:

Code: Select all
<TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%" CELLSPACING="3" CELLPADDING="0">
<TR>
<TD height="16" valign="middle" bgcolor="#4E5857"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1" face="Verdana"><b>File Name</b></font></td>
<TD valign="middle" bgcolor="#4E5857"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1" face="Verdana"><b>Size</b></font></td>
<TD valign="middle" bgcolor="#4E5857"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1" face="Verdana"><b>Date</b></font></td>
</TR>
<style>
.style5 {font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none; color: #FFFF00; }
</style>
<?php
$default_dir = "downloads";
if(!($dp = opendir($default_dir))) die("Cannot open $default_dir.");
while($file = readdir($dp)) $filenames[] = $file;
sort($filenames);
for($i=0; $i < count($filenames); $i++)
   if($filenames[$i] != '.' && $filenames[$i] != '..' && $filenames[$i] != '.htaccess' && $filenames[$i] != 'videolist.php' && $filenames[$i] != 'main.css' && $filenames[$i] != 'index.php')

echo "<TR><TD><FONT FACE=\"Verdana\" SIZE=\"1\"> ".$filenames[$i]."</TD>" . "<TD><FONT FACE=Verdana SIZE=1>" . number_format(filesize($filenames[$i])/1000000) .  "MB" . "</TD>" .
    "<TD><FONT FACE=Verdana SIZE=1>" . date_str(filectime($filenames[$i])) . "</TD></TR>\n";

closedir($dp);

function date_str($timestamp) {
   $date_str = getdate($timestamp);
   $year = $date_str["year"];
   $mon = $date_str["mon"];
   $mday = $date_str["mday"];
   $hours = $date_str["hours"];
   $minutes = $date_str["minutes"];
   $seconds = $date_str["seconds"];

return "$mday/$mon/$year";
}

?>
</TABLE>

and the page is here http://www.keitex.co.uk/index.php?view=videos
[Dima]

Postby Dalsim » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:47 am

Hi Sketch, I would hang around a little while for Weaver to see this, he is the programming guru around here :yesnod:
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby [Dima] » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:53 pm

right... i'll wait
[Dima]

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts