A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

DirectX checks up on faulty programs

DirectX checks up on faulty programs

Postby Mac33 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:01 pm

Windows

DirectX is a group of system files responsible for delivering all the sound and images to your PC's monitor. It's produced by Microsoft and updated regularly so when games or applications don't run properly it's always worth checking your DirectX files - it also allows you to run tests on various components in your system to see if they are functioning properly. To check if your soundcard or graphics card is functioning properly, click on the Start Menu then on Run, and type in DXDIAG into the box and click on OK. A large dialog box will appear with several tabs. Choose the tab that relates to the bit of hardware you are querying and check if there are any error messages at the bottom of the dialog box. Click on the test buttons at the middle of the box to try out your hardware.

mac
PROfessional Member

Postby Colin » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:19 pm

Update? I have had problems recently with some things not displaying on web pages. I traced this to the Direct X. Much to my amazement there is now Direct X 8.2 and I only have 8.1. I go to windows update every week. In short don't count on microsoft to keep your system updated.
Einstein once said. "Colin is a little f*cker. Albeit a rude one and a royal pain in the a**."

Colin - feel free to send me a flame via email
Banned

Postby ^Kaji » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:38 am

I don't count on Microsoft for anything, well, except for that lovely Palladium idea and many others like it :P
^Kaji

Return to Guides