A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

LoadLibrary in Windows XP SP2

LoadLibrary in Windows XP SP2

Postby zhoru02 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:40 pm

I have an application that dynamically loads a local DLL called RTCDLL.DLL. The application was working fine until Windows XP SP2 RC1 was installed. with SP2 installed, the application load a Microsoft version of RTCDLL.DLL from the Windows directory. I can fix the problem by specifying the absolute path of the DLL. But I am very interested to know if the behavior of LoadLibrary API has been changed in Windows XP SP2 release. Does anyone have any knowledge of that?
PRO New Member

Postby xi0n » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:44 pm

http://msdn.microsoft.com buddy.

Promise they will have
Banned

Postby jessee007 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:10 am

the path of each applacation in each o/s... 98,win 2000,xp ect. is differant. That is what makes them differant. If I want to install something on win 2000 from win xp I have to change the path. win 2000 path is c:>winnt>system.......xp is c:windows>system32
PRO New Member

Re: LoadLibrary in Windows XP SP2

Postby Weaver » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:36 pm

zhoru02 wrote:I have an application that dynamically loads a local DLL called RTCDLL.DLL. The application was working fine until Windows XP SP2 RC1 was installed. with SP2 installed, the application load a Microsoft version of RTCDLL.DLL from the Windows directory. I can fix the problem by specifying the absolute path of the DLL. But I am very interested to know if the behavior of LoadLibrary API has been changed in Windows XP SP2 release. Does anyone have any knowledge of that?

How are you loading the library? What does your code look like? Go ahead and post it. Thanks.

-Weaver
Public Keys

The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change.
-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers
PROfessional Member

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts