A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Difference between case manufacturers/models

Difference between case manufacturers/models

Postby jjch2782 » Thu May 20, 2004 4:19 pm

Ive have just bought my self a black chieftec dragon, whic looks exactly like one of the antec case besides the colour.

antec: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=976
chieftec: http://www.chieftec.de/?page=products_s ... anguage=uk

What I want to know, do manufacturers copy designs, or are they exactly the same case, except sold by different manufacturers. Also the pricing is vastly different, with the chieftc being at about
PRO New Member

Postby azzum » Sun May 23, 2004 7:22 pm

Actually from what I've heard most "manufacturers" buy cases bulk from a provider and the sell them under their name. Basically becoming more of a distributors then a manufacturer. With the price of metal going up by the day, it all depends on when they bought the bulk cases as for price it seems.
PRO Level 2

Postby OsirisX » Sun May 23, 2004 7:25 pm

I think that antec was probably the original maker of that case, and is the better brand, although I do not know how chieftec can do that without some serious lawsuits.
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby SCgone » Sun May 23, 2004 8:56 pm

Those are identical cases. My son-in-law order the chieftec and I've got the identical Antec. They are identical in every respect, just different stickers to go on the front.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby steve85 » Mon May 31, 2004 5:45 pm

ok i saw the same thing about the cases so we called the manufacturer and they taol us they are the same minus a few trim parts, the cheiftec is the cheepest but the antec comes with a better power supply
PRO New Member

Postby steve85 » Mon May 31, 2004 5:49 pm

Oh one more thing they are not 100% the same a clear side door that I got from Antec dose not fix on the Cheiftec the mount is a bit different
We sell the Antecs the most becuase of the power supply but like I said the Cheiftec is cheeper and a lot of the Antecs that look black are a dark grey but the Cheiftec are Black black which is what I like so the match my CD ROM etc Steve
PRO New Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing