A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

All you need to know about the Blu-Ray Discs

Postby hellraiser_2030 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:34 am

The price will be a huge factor in deciding and adopting this technology but i believe since toshiba intends to propose its prototype blue-laser optical disc format to the organization as a next-generation DVD format, the next battle front is opening. It can be a blessing in disguise as both the companies will focus at market volumes. I believe when DVD first came out the same thing was in our mind regarding price.

I was reading an article and here's a transcript of that article that will justify the concern about $$s but it also justifies that once this is kick started we wont need those ZIP Drives either and i will be able to have less CDs or DVDs in my closets.. :lol:

"Prototype blue-laser-based optical disc systems have been around for more than a year. However, one problem has hampered development of commercial systems: cost. A sample blue-laser diode currently costs around $1000, making consumer products based on the parts unrealistic. However, Nichia, the major source for blue lasers, is expected to begin commercial production this year and the price of a blue-laser diode is expected to tumble once the company begins turning them out in volume."
HellRaiser_2030
PRO Level 3

Postby heinz1218 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:40 pm

but the good thing about zips is for people that don't know what they're doing... to them its just a larger floppy drive and it truely is that easy!
PRO New Member

Postby ~Spider~ » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:41 pm

Give a man a fish to eat and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
PRO Level 10

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing