A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Matrix Orbital vs. Crystalfontz

Matrix Orbital vs. Crystalfontz

Postby Renaissance2K » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:07 am

I'm trying to add some spark to my plain-looking (though ENORMOUS) black steel chassis, and I think those new-fangled LCD status displays are pretty cool.

I've done some research, and Matrix Orbital and Crystalfontz seem to be the two names that keep popping up.

Does anyone out there use these things, or knows a lot about them? Which one should I go with, or is there another device that I should consider for the same sort of thing (such as one with a smaller LCD but added USB/Firewire ports, etc.)?

Thanks.
PRO Level 2

Postby ~Robrowe~ » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:52 am

Tweakmod is the case modder here, I am sure he will have something to say when he sees this.
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:58 am

I've always wanted to but a small LCD in my case. I don't know much about how to get going but I have heard more about Matrix Orbital. If you go with one of the companies that design them specifically for computers, they will give you everything you need, including the software to run the text across you LCD. If you plan on buying a regular LCD and doing everything yourself (including writing the software) good luck! But basically I have heard good things about Matrix Orbital and that's who I would probably go with if I were to put a LCD in mine. Let me (us) know how it goes and what you find out! And don't forget to submit pics in our case gallery in the hardware section if you get it!!
PROfessional Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing