A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Should i add more RAM?

Postby OsirisX » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:31 am

Does the shell also change the theme and disable certin services?
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby Dalsim » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:40 am

The shell is not a theme, but it has themes and the services still run fine I just checked.

Click here to see my Aston desktop
Filesize: 78.1Kb
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:45 am

So it totally changes the apperance, to save resouces?
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby Dalsim » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:50 am

Yes and no. I am not too sure on how it works. It sure does look better and runs better then explorer and has heaps of plugins that can be added on. You can give it a shot if you want. I found that Aston is the best one so far (it is also shareware so you only get 30 day :whistle ) There are others out there but I perfere Aston so far, I am still looking at others to try.
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:53 am

I'm kinda suprised at how small the file size is only about 70kb. And I'm having lots of probs with my xp right now, may need another reinstall after a previous reinstall a day ago.
OsirisX

PROfessional Member

Postby Dalsim » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:00 am

Yes I read that, bummer on the problem. I can not think what would cause that problem.

The installation files for Aston total 2Meg and you ca easily switch between explorer or Aston if you want to. It is worth a try by far.
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby Tirian13 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:29 am

i wouldn't use anything less than 512 on a box with an OS as early as 2k

with 98 and ME (never used ME myself) i ran 256 flawless
i currently have 512, and i'm definately thinking of doubling that
PRO New Member

Postby imnuts » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:30 pm

unknowndarknessx wrote:I'm having lots of probs with my xp right now, may need another reinstall after a previous reinstall a day ago.

i know the feeling, in the past month i installed xp about ten times, mostly because dell sent me a bad cd with an error in it. Lots of reformatting which is getting real annoying. hopefully i can get a good install soon so i can actually do something with my computer.

The shells look nice, might download one to try it out sometime.
PRO SUPREME

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing