A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Flash MX

Flash MX

Postby Dalsim » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:21 am

Ok, John has been doing most of the work for this for me but I want to finish it off. So I figure that maybe Jim, the John's or somebody might be able to help me out with this.

I have a flash file for my site and I have this part of it Image and I was wondering how do I turn each of these three words into a link. I have tried using the hyperlink function when you edit the text but that does not work. and I have tried using the geturl function and well no luck.

Any help will be great as I would like to start learning it.
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:38 am

Jef check out the car tutorial in flash mx, it teaches you how creat hyperlinks using buttons.
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby kanaloa » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:43 am

Jeff... try applying the "geturl" feature directly from the main page, without opening the button object. Sometimes they do this for some unknown reason, and yours was one of them.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby Dalsim » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:33 pm

unknowndarknessx wrote:Jef check out the car tutorial in flash mx, it teaches you how creat hyperlinks using buttons.

I have been trying to work through that but I have not had time lately.

Kanaloa wrote:Jeff... try applying the "geturl" feature directly from the main page, without opening the button object. Sometimes they do this for some unknown reason, and yours was one of them.

Would you like to explain this a bit more.... Remember I am a noobie :embarrassed:
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby DTOXX » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:53 pm

If the words are separate static text elements, then you can just enter the URL in the property inspector for each one:

Also, you can add an invisible button (alpha = 0%) on a layer above each word and then add the getURL action to those buttons.
PRO Level 4

Postby Dalsim » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:59 pm

I have tried that but I tried it again and all that happens is when I open the exported swf file in IE it loads up IE and nothing then happens :(
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby DTOXX » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:05 pm

Very strange - I don't think I've ever had this happen before. So, the URL that you entered for the link doesn't even show up in the IE address bar?

Can you post the fla?
PRO Level 4

Postby DTOXX » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:13 pm

PRO Level 4

Postby Dalsim » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:31 am

A 6.7 meg .fla file. I am over my hourly limit as it is LOL.

I'll see what else I can do for now because it will take me a few to upload..... hangon

http://www.self-solutions.net/PROneT/FL ... pdated.rar

These are the ones that John has been working on for me. The intro-large.fla file plays a video intro and the intro-small.fla does not.

You can give it a go if you want. You can download itbut if you want to upload something you will have to pm me and I'll give you permission.
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby SamTranter » Wed May 19, 2004 7:27 pm

if it is a movie clip, or graphic, you need to use the following active script:
Code: Select all
on(press) getURL("yoururs","_self");
i think that is it!
SamTranter

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts