A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Monitor Problem

Postby SCgone » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:51 am

unknowndarknessx wrote:I thought xp just sets all that up itself.

It will using the default monitor and I see no difference when I use that over the Samsung driver.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby dlt » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:56 am

I'm not sure how it all works together but before I installed my monitor driver my printer would print stuff way off from the colors on the screen. With the driver, they seem be in sync.
I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary
average every day sane psycho supergoddess
~Liz Phair, Extraordinary~
PROfessional Member

Postby glexp » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:41 am

dlt wrote:I'm not sure how it all works together but before I installed my monitor driver my printer would print stuff way off from the colors on the screen. With the driver, they seem be in sync.

The color translation from monitor to printer is not always straight forward. Remember, the monitor uses a combination of red/green/blue dots to come up with the colors. Printers sometimes use red/blue/yellow. So it's the proper mixing of these base colors that is influenced by some of the monitor "drivers". I'm not an artist so can't get into details of primary colors, brightness, contrast, saturation, etc....
:)
What, me worry?

- Luck is the residue of proper planning...
PROfessional Member

Postby admiral » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:45 am

All the driver does is effect the color of your screen. Different monitors have different intensities of color so they come with a driver to make your monitor display the true color.
PRO Level 3

Postby Dalsim » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:47 am

No magnets, no speakers. Everything is as it was and in the same place when I was using my old monitor, the only thing that has changed is the monitor.

Uninstalling and installing the updated drivers did nothing either, thought that I would rule that out.
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby glexp » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:55 pm

dalsim wrote:No magnets, no speakers. Everything is as it was and in the same place when I was using my old monitor, the only thing that has changed is the monitor.

Uninstalling and installing the updated drivers did nothing either, thought that I would rule that out.

Bummer. Looks like it may be a defective monitor.
What, me worry?

- Luck is the residue of proper planning...
PROfessional Member

Postby Dalsim » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:02 pm

Yep, that is what I thought. I just thought that I would ask for some thoughts about it first.
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby dlt » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:25 pm

Well at least you know you can't fix it on your end, let us know how you make out when you return it :)
PROfessional Member

Postby Dalsim » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:27 pm

Will do. I figured if a hammer can not fix it then nothing else will. LOL
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby dlt » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:29 pm

LOL...I get the urge to throw things out the window more than taking a hammer to it. :lol:
PROfessional Member

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware and Customizing