A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

do you want to learn?

do you want to learn?

Postby Xstream » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:05 am

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/index.html

I just found this and it is an amazing source to learn all about html, mysql, databases, php, its all there. Look in the "how to" section.
PROfessional Member

Postby Weaver » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:31 am

Let me tell you I have been there quite a few times. That is where I first learned about CSS. I don't know if they are hands down the best tutorials on the web, but they sure are good.

-Weaver
Public Keys

The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change.
-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers
PROfessional Member

Postby dlt » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:50 am

Thank you...I bookmarked it :yesnod:
PROfessional Member

Postby Xstream » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:54 am

Weaver wrote:Let me tell you I have been there quite a few times. That is where I first learned about CSS. I don't know if they are hands down the best tutorials on the web, but they sure are good.

-Weaver

Weaver, I think I am following in the footsteps of all you webmasters, I may be waaaaaaaaaaay behind, but I'm learning fast. ^*^
PROfessional Member

Postby Weaver » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:55 am

Oh, I would never consider myself a webmaster. I am just a C/C++ programmer who stumbled across PHP from another one of my C++ buddies. It was PHP that really forced me into learning HTML. Hell, I still don't know HTML that well. I am by no means a web designer. I still have to look up <form> tag options. With PHP eventually comes MySQL, which forces you to learn SQL.

It definitely helps to have a programming background if you are going to learn PHP. Anybody can learn the syntactical side of a language real quick. The real help comes from programming practice, concepts, and approaches to problems.

Stick with it, you will be at an advanced level in no time. You just have to do it, you can only learn so much from reading.

-Weaver
Public Keys

The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change.
-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers
PROfessional Member

Postby *Starz* » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:15 am

Thank you Jim...bookmarked... ;)
[align=center]Image

~ You Are Never Given A Wish Without Being Given The Power To Make It Come True ~[/align]
PRO Level 16

Postby MinusDriver » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:35 pm

Yes thank you I bookmarked it as well. Lots of great info here!
PRO Level 13

Postby Mac33 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:39 pm

Thanks Jim. I've bookmarked this site also. Somehow i think i'll need to catch up on all of this now we have a projects area. :yesnod:
PROfessional Member

Postby shakib » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:29 am

PRO New Member

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts