A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

System Slowdown !?!?!?!

System Slowdown !?!?!?!

Postby dini » Mon May 27, 2002 9:10 pm

I have recently upgraded (i formatted the HD and installed from scratch) to Windows XP Pro from Windows Me. My system is a Pentium 4 1.8GHz, 40GB HD, 256MB RAM so as far as I know it should handle it no problem. I believed :evil: that XP was better & FASTER (am i wrong???) than Me. Most of the time everything is OK (but not as fast as it was in Windows Me) and every now and then I leave my computer for a while and when I come back it is EXTREMELY SLOW!!! :x - difficult to do anything - i have to go and get a drink or something while it catches up with itself (It has reached then stage where I am considering formatting and trying again or returning to Me!). I have not tweaked or altered anything since it was installed. PLEEEEEASE can anyone help???? I am a relative novice so any help would be much appreciated !! I hope someone can help me. Thanks, Dini
PRO New Member

Postby dini » Wed May 29, 2002 8:36 pm

Thanks - i have uninstalled gator and run ad-aware and cleaned everything off. :) I have a few of questions though: 1. I'm assuming hpztsb04 & hphmon03 are related to my printer (hewlett packard photosmart p1000). Will the printer still work alright with these disabled? :-? 2. Similarly, I use DAP to manage my downloads - with this disabled will i manually have to run DAP when i want to download items or will they still download through DAP automatically? :-? 3. Will disabling Microsoft Office have any effect on running Office itself? 4. I don't know what the other items are for. Does this matter? Anyway, thanks for the advice. Hopefully you will be able to answer these questions. :D
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support