A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

tweak master help

tweak master help

Postby Jhoses » Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:43 am

i got this tweak master program from my friend and i dunno if its working.... its suppost to improve ur internet speed does anyone know what to do? thx in advance
PRO New Member

Postby Donal » Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:49 pm

To be honest i think anything that tries to tweak your internet connection is useless. I think they just mess up all the settings in your computer. They only perform small tasks to improve the speed, which can hardley be noticed. I dunno if i'm right by saying all this, but to my experience this is what i believe. Hope this helps you in some way!
Donal From Ireland
PRO Level 5

Postby MadDad » Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:40 pm

No, I cannot agree with that. Windows is pretty bad at optimizing the available bandwidth in TCP/IP. The Default settings can easily be adjusted (Windows size optimation) but apart from that, just waiting for the next frame to arrive is not the best thing to do. There are programs that open up several connections at the same time, which will give you a much better performance that the default setting. OK, some programs may well be rubbish, but some are excellent. So why not try before you buy?
PRO Level 2

Return to Guides