A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Please Help with Vista 64-bit and 32-bit dual os!!!

Please Help with Vista 64-bit and 32-bit dual os!!!

Postby MRSJAYLAW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:16 pm

I currently have Vista Home Premium 64-bit downloaded on my PC which has about 100 GB of free space on the hard drive. I also have a separate hard drive that has 500 GB of free space. I would like to download Vista Home Premium 32-bit as a dual operating system. I do not know exactly how to do this...Can some one please help me!!!!???!!!???

In Need of Dire Quick help
PRO New Member

Re: Please Help with Vista 64-bit and 32-bit dual os!!!

Postby shreader » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 am

I assume you legally downloaded the Windows 7 x64 OS, why not just download the x86 copy also using your invoice number as a ID or however you were identified for the first one you bought.
Normally when one buys Windows 7 both x64 & x86 are available in the package, I would think the same is true w/ a download.

I hope this answers your question.
Software Director

Postby MRSJAYLAW » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 am

No, I do not have windows 7 at all. I have Vista 64-bit, and I would like to create a dual operatng system using Vista 32-bit. And yes, my copy is legal. Thanks for your help.
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 am

You need to go back to the place that you downloaded the 64-bit version and download the 32-bit version. That is the only method I know of. Microsoft does offer a site if you purchased the product through retail for you to download the 64-bit version but I could not find the same page for 32-bit. If you purchased it directly from Microsoft's website then I would log back in to see if you can get the download. If not, give them a call and they should be able to hook you up. If you didn't purchase it from them, maybe get with the company that you downloaded it from. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Return to General Windows Support