A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Perceptive Pixel - welcome to the future of touch screen

Perceptive Pixel - welcome to the future of touch screen

Postby kanaloa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:07 pm

This makes me drool thinking of the possibilities. Can you just imagine working like that? Wow. No more mouse... just your hands and mind.

http://www.perceptivepixel.com/

:drool: :drool:
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby yeshuas » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:43 pm

I can't even imagine how much that system would cost, any idea's?
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby Absolute-Zero » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:07 pm

:drool: :drool:
PROfessional Member

Postby kanaloa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:13 pm

yeshuas wrote:I can't even imagine how much that system would cost, any idea's?

Right now, probably a ton considering who has it and who doesn't. This is what CNN uses.

But give it a few years - I think it'll all be like this. I picture myself at home working on a wall like Tom Cruise in "Minority Report."

LOL :lol:
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby yeshuas » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:46 pm

kanaloa wrote:
yeshuas wrote:I can't even imagine how much that system would cost, any idea's?

Right now, probably a ton considering who has it and who doesn't. This is what CNN uses.

But give it a few years - I think it'll all be like this. I picture myself at home working on a wall like Tom Cruise in "Minority Report."

LOL :lol:

Wow it has been forever since I have seen that movie, think I'll have my son bring that one home. (-:

I would like to just play with one of those systems for a bit LOL
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby phileysmiley » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:30 pm

Ahh, that's what they've been using on CNN (I mentioned it in a couple of other posts).

Along with the holograms, 3-D models and charts, and the "Magic Map," it was a bit overwhelming.

Then there was the exit poll board that looked like an hourglass. That one was just confusing. :eek:
Media Director

Postby kanaloa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Yeah I thought the hour glass one was a bit confusing too. After looking at it the 10th time it started to make sense, but at first I was completely clueless as to what it was showing.
President

Postby phileysmiley » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:31 pm

kanaloa wrote:Yeah I thought the hour glass one was a bit confusing too. After looking at it the 10th time it started to make sense, but at first I was completely clueless as to what it was showing.

I never even got it after the 10th time. I also don't know why they needed whatsername to throw it to Bill Schneider. He's one of the best people they have and in the past he has always flown solo. I think it would have been a lot easier to understand if they hadn't decided that she needed a role to play. I have no doubt it was politics and/or union rules which caused her to end up in that spot. She was totally useless and only added to the confusion.

Nobody is better at explaining complex concepts than Schneider and they hamstrung him by having someone to introduce him every time.

She served no useful purpose.

End of rant.
Media Director

Postby kanaloa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:35 pm

I guess I don't remember the woman at all. I like Campbell Brown, but I'm guessing it wasn't her.
President

Postby phileysmiley » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:41 pm

kanaloa wrote:I guess I don't remember the woman at all. I like Campbell Brown, but I'm guessing it wasn't her.

I don't honestly remember. All I know is that instead of throwing it to him for the exit poll analysis as they always have, they threw it to someone else who would simply then throw it to him. It made absolutely no sense at all.

It's as if every time you made a post, I made one before you saying, "okay, I think John has something to say." Then you post what you want to say.
Media Director

Next

Return to General Tech Chat