A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

pata and sata with xp

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

pata and sata with xp

Postby terdscape » Mon May 11, 2009 7:55 am

I have just downgraded my machine from vista to xp, before I had it set up with 2 sata's (1 being c:) and a pata just for space. I have loaded xp onto 1 of the sata's (which i had to do with the other drives disconnected), now when i try to boot with the pata drive attached it brings up a system error just after bios.

my system is a m2n-sli deluxe mobo, amd pheonon 9500, 4gb ram, pny nvidia 8600 gpu, 2 sata hitchi hdd and and 1 western digital pata, and a dvd-ram.

forgot to say i have flashed the bios to latest xp compatable version (which actually worked for one time then died again), also jumpers on dvd and hdd from cable select to master (dvd) and slave (hdd), also started looking through the bios but to be honest I don't understand any of it) been looking about at forums and no-one seems to have posted suck a problem or well i can't find it?

please help....

thank you in advance

Simon
m2n-sli deluxe, phenom 9500, geforce 8600 gt,
PRO New Member

Re: pata and sata with xp

Postby shreader » Mon May 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi Simon, welcome to PROnetworks ^*^

I had a similar problem a couple of weeeks ago after flashing my BIOS.

The new BIOS went to all the default settings, I had rearranged the booting hdd order (I didnt want to boot from the storage drive, like it would anyway).
I had to adjust this w/ both hdd's plugged in & in the bios changing the #2 to #1 hdd.

My board is a ASUS P5QC & I beleive the choices are on the Boot tab.

Edit: both my hdds are SATA.
Software Director

Re: pata and sata with xp

Postby terdscape » Tue May 12, 2009 4:37 pm

thank you shreader, I know where your talking about and agree that to start with it put the hdd in a strange order but tried that one and didn't change anything? any other suggestions???

sorry to be a pain.

thank you

Simon
m2n-sli deluxe, phenom 9500, geforce 8600 gt,
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software