A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Postby gries818 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:23 am

Apple released the 10.5.7 update for "general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security [of Leopard]" today. Be sure to download the update via the Software Update manager available under the 'apple' in the upper-right hand corner of the Menu Bar.

On a side note, I have not been able to get this update to install myself... the Update manager seems to be having a hard time downloading it from Apple. You can however use this link to download and install the update manually. This is also useful if you own more than one Mac you would like to update.
Software Development

Re: OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Postby gries818 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 am

After having updated myself with the manual update, I would recommend waiting a couple days before updating. It appears Apple is having some problems rolling out this update. The automatic update apparently is signed incorrectly from Apple, which leads pretty much everybody to have a failed download.

Also, the manual update takes you on a wild ride - seems to be a fairly common problem over at the Apple support forums. My computer started up, then shutdown, started up, shutdown and started up again before finally returning to normal.

Not the type of quality I expect from Apple, but it just proves every company has to watch themselves to make sure they don't start turning out bad products. At any rate, my computer seems to be fine now *knock on wood*.

More tomorrow I would assume.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby imnuts » Wed May 13, 2009 10:32 am

But Apple never has software issues or problems that are normally associated with a PC running Windows... :roleeyes
PRO SUPREME

Postby gries818 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

imnuts wrote:But Apple never has software issues or problems that are normally associated with a PC running Windows... :roleeyes

:lol:

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to Other Operating Systems