A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Office 2010

Office 2010

Postby T-Man1984 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 am

I don't know if this is the proper place for this, but I am having a new issue.

Running office 2010 and Windows 7 Home Premium. 8GB Ram, i5 Processor.

Anyway, this just started within the last couple months.

If I open Excel and then go to >File>Open>*Document name*, it opens instantly. However if I double click on the document file (say its saved on my desktop) it takes about 30 seconds for Excel to open and then the document pops up. Excel takes a long time to open, it doesn't open and then hang on opening the document, it takes the program that long to open. But like I said, if I go to Start, Office, and click excel icon it pops up so fast I can't see it all happening! It also takes a long time for Word files to open, same scenerio as the excel files.

Secondly, and this might be related. When I click on hyperlinks in my e-mails (Windows Live Mail) it now takes them a while to open. At least 15 seconds with what appears as no activity going on, and then IE pops up and voila it opens.

I dunno what would have changed other than Windows Updates, but both problems are something I do a lot, so they are both annoying.

Any suggestions?
PRO Level 6

Re: Office 2010

Postby shreader » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm

I have a similar rig:
Running office 2010 and Windows 7 Ultimate, 8GB Ram, i7 Processor.

My excel starts up slowly (8sec) on 1 particular spreadsheet (ss) that has several tabs, it was created in O'10 & is a .xls file. This ss does get accessed quite a lot, say around 200x in the past year.

The rest of my newer ones are as fast as ever when clicking on the file on my desktop except 1 that is 12 years old but it starts in about 2sec & is a .xls file naturally.

Sorry I can't help you more other than telling you what I am seeing here.
Software Director

Return to General Windows Support