A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Office 2007 Suddenly Freezing?

Office 2007 Suddenly Freezing?

Postby tWeaKmoD » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:32 am

Just wondering if anyone using Office 2007 ever experienced sudden freezing? It all started today; Outlook, Word, Excel all just freeze out of no where. When two of the programs are open, they both freeze at the same time. I tried shutting down searchindexer (Windows Desktop Search) because it was taking up a lot of resources and have received a few not responding errors.

The only thing I have done is installed Pinnacle Studio 8 and installed some games and other useless programs to make more room.

I can't really make the connection between the two so I was curious if anyone knows of sudden freezing in Office 2007.
PROfessional Member

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:39 am

Try running Microsoft Office Diagnostics from the Microsoft Office Tools menu and see what the results come up with :yesnod:

Also, in Event Viewer there should be a section now for Microsoft Office Sessions and if there are errors there should be reports there.

By the way, was your installation of Office an upgrade over a previous version or a clean install?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 am

Grav!ty wrote:Try running Microsoft Office Diagnostics from the Microsoft Office Tools menu and see what the results come up with :yesnod:
Well didn't know that existed! Here is what I came up with:

"Office Diagnostics identified a possible cause but was unable to automatically correct the problem"

The test it had a problem with was that Office was not updated.

When I clicked on continue to access the "next steps" online, the webpage did not show up. I will have to try again in the morning.
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:51 pm

Well I don't know what solved it but it looks like it is done locking up. I just installed a MS auto update that was trying to download. However, my windows search is done indexing my hard drive as well so that could have been the problem. Either way it is fixed so if anyone else has this problem, it could be caused from one of the previous things.
PROfessional Member

Return to Alpha / Beta Software