A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

No VBP Bootloader Uninstaller?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

No VBP Bootloader Uninstaller?

Postby Ex_Brit » Sat May 19, 2007 12:06 pm

I see plenty of install options but no option to uninstall Vista bootloader.
I know I can do it manually but hovering over the System Bootloader tab shows, at the bottom, "This page allows you to perform maintenance on the Vista bootloader (Install/Uninstall)"
PRO Level 9

Postby Grav!ty » Sat May 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Yeah that's not very clear is it. Are you dual booting with XP Ex_Brit? If so then on the bootloader page, choose Windows Legacy Bootloader and then All Drives and that effectively runs bootsect /NT52 ALL which removes the Vista boot loader .

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll let our programmers know the text should at least be more self-explanatory.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby Ex_Brit » Sat May 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks. Yes I dual boot...actually triple boot ;-)
PRO Level 9

Return to PRO Software