A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

No longer compatible

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

No longer compatible

Postby StormChaser » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:27 pm

I just installed Vista 5456 and VBP doesn't work anymore. I hope the new version fixes this problem because now I can't boot into my 2nd partition. :no
PRO New Member

Re: No longer compatible

Postby kd1966 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:35 pm

StormChaser wrote:I just installed Vista 5456 and VBP doesn't work anymore. I hope the new version fixes this problem because now I can't boot into my 2nd partition. :no

Hi there StormChaser!! Welcome to PROnetworks! Please stop by our Introduction Area so that we can properly welcome you.

As CG stated above, our Betas Team and developers are hard at work getting this fixed. I actually had this happen to me and it did NOT affect my dual booting, just the running of VBPro within Vista and XP
PRO PLATINUM

Postby StormChaser » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:33 pm

How can I add my Windows XP install back into BCDEdit so that I can boot into it again?
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:35 pm

Our temporary fix in Vista 5456, is to find the file bcdedit.exe (located in the Windows Vista \Windows\System32 folder) and copy it into the VistaBoot folder. This replaces the bcdedit.exe that is in VistaBootPRO with the updated one from Vista 5456.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby JabbaPapa » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:30 pm

Have they updated the bcdedit executable again :question
PRO VETERAN

Return to PRO Software