A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

New Verson of Nigerian Scam--they "moved"

New Verson of Nigerian Scam--they "moved"

Postby j8k3sp00n » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi,

This morning I got an email based on the Nigerian Scam template. Same old stuff, man deposits large sum of money, man dies, no one can locate him, blah, blah, blah.

What makes this one different is that it was sent by Ku Chung Kwong [kckwong@bumiputraspsb.com]. Mr. Ku says he's in Hong Kong, la de dah. The really funny part is the email address: bumiputraspsg; in Maylasian that means "son of the soil". For a long while if you were not a bumi putra, you could not own a business or property in Maylasia.

I think this is funny as can be.

:P :P :P
PRO Level 8

Postby ar1stotle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:08 pm

Those silly scammers... they trick you long time, yes?

Haha, when you said the funny part was the email, I wasnt thinking of translating it to another language... I saw it as "Bum I put trash" since after the "put" it was sorta gibberish lol
PRO BRONZE

Postby j8k3sp00n » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:54 pm

ar1stotle wrote:Those silly scammers... they trick you long time, yes?

Haha, when you said the funny part was the email, I wasnt thinking of translating it to another language... I saw it as "Bum I put trash" since after the "put" it was sorta gibberish lol

Hi,

It was purely accidental that I lived in SE Asia for about 5 years and did business all over the region; thus, I came to know what bumi putra meant. I might add it is one of the few foreign language phrases I remember even though we hired a tutor from Hong Kong University to teach us Mandarin. That was a hoot; there were 3 of us, my wife, our accountant, and me. I did better than the others and I'm not very good. The tutor had a doctorate in languages and she was ready to throw in the towel before we were.

The point: English was good enough to get food.
PRO Level 8

Return to Security & Virus