A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

New boot problem

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

New boot problem

Postby dproff » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 pm

I have been using Dual Boot Pro successfully for at least 5 years, but now I have a problem. I have 2 Windows 10 partitions and went to my secondary Win10 partition this morning. While there I noticed a prompt to "fix drive errors" and I clicked that when I was through with the second partitions tasks. The computer came up, did about 1 minute of disk repair, and then will not access my primary 10 partition. The error says something cannot be accessed and to use the "fix option" on the install disk. It was not successful so I am stuck. I will follow plea with another edit with the exact error message in a bit.

The message read (shortened by me):
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
Insert system disk.
Choose language
Click repair your computer.

Below that it has:
PRO New Member

Re: New boot problem

Postby shreader » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Boot using your Windows 10 DVD, drill down to repair your computer & do a "startup repair", maybe run startup repair twice to make sure.
Software Director

Postby dproff » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:54 am

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town for 3 days.

I tried Startup Repair first thing, but it failed with a message that Startup Repair could not fix whatever this problem is. The program then offered to start a re-installation of Win10. I did not go to that because I don't want to lose all my apps.

Is there anything else I can try other than a Win10 re-installation?
PRO New Member

Postby shreader » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:34 pm

I don't know man, I found all these tips though, youll need to find the one that works for you though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=status% ... windows+10
Software Director

Postby jackslap » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't know if they still sell Kingston ssd drives with the external adapter, you may be able to find one and use it to save stuff off that drive, I have a bunch of drives that have said the same thing, got what i wanted off them using the external option with a new or good as new drive.
PRO Level 12

Return to Windows Boot Problems