A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Motherboard & CPU bites the dust, (Edited)

Postby yeshuas » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:10 am

freeagent wrote:that happens to my board too (rampage)

usually due to settings it didnt like

what i do is put one stick in the furthest slot, and hit the juice, it usually reverts to factory settings and i can proceed to do my thing. my p5k was the same way heheh. i know this might sound crazy, but one way you can prolong your boards life is to leave it on all the time, only shut it off for maintenance. when you pwer up your system, you are basically shocking it to life. plus the thermal dynamics of being on and off, themal contraction comes into play, things move a lil and one thing leads to another, and next thing you know bad words you might not have known you knew are suddenly everywhere. ^*^

This one had been on all the time, I had loaded both Windows 7 X86 and X64 on it to mess with, and it actually had Vista 32 X86 on it as well.

I had to go with the normal RMA with it because they couldn't guarantee that I would get the same board back because of its age. So now I will have to wait for them to repair it, and send it back
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby yeshuas » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Well it is not only the motherboard apparently; I took the CPU and tried in another system with a Intel board D945GTP and it didn't work.

Also just for grins, I tried another CPU in the ASUS board and it didn't work so it is the board and the CPU that crapped out at the same time.

Just to be on the safe side when I get the board back and another CPU (which I will have to buy since the one that crapped out is out of warranty) I am getting a new power supply too, at least a 650 Watt
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing