A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Media Player 11 not seeing burner

Media Player 11 not seeing burner

Postby mooseantlers » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:33 pm

I've been using 2 (IDE) CD/DVD burners on this system since I built it. Recently, 1 of the drives died and I just replaced it (last night) with an HP DVD1170 SATA burner.

The system reports that the device is connected and working properly. I also went online for any updated drivers. I tested it by playing an audio CD first and all was well. Then I fire up Media Player 11 to burn a copy of a disc that i'd bought and downloaded. That's when I discovered that MP11 shows the IDE drive as the only one available to burn to.

Before I go any farther:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe; E6700 processor, 2 gigs ram, 3 WD 500GB SATA drives (attached to SATA ports 1, 3 and 4). The drives are not setup in any type of raid array. Windows XP pro (with all the updates).

Because I only had a short SATA data cable, I had to plug it in to the RAID 1 SATA connector at the rear of the board. I did check the BIOS and, so far, everywhere i've poked around shows that the drive is hooked up and operating properly.

I was able to burn a disc with the supplied software and from another company.

I dug around through the MP11 tools, options.

Any help with this oddity would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
PRO Level 4

Re: Media Player 11 not seeing burner

Postby gries818 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm

One time I had a problem with ASPI and iTunes once that required me to rollback some files to use my CD drive with iTunes (on my Windows computer obviously). I never had problem with Windows Media Player though... sorry I don't think this will help you :embarrassed:

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to General Windows Support