A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Major surgery tomorrow! Replacing HS/F & PSU

Major surgery tomorrow! Replacing HS/F & PSU

Postby augie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 pm

My Q6600 has been crippled by a failing stock HS/F, I have to run it at an underclocked 1.8GHz ATM just to have the beast alive running just one 9800GT. I got the CM Hyper 212 Plus for $30 and it seems to be what I need except for the 6.3 in., I hope it's not too tall to close the case but if not well so be it. It's too bad my CM case doesn't have a CPU window in the back so I'll have to gut the whole thing.

I'm also going to replace my trusty old Antec Earthwatts 500W with a Corsair 600W CX as I think I've abused the Antec way too much supplying OC power to everything, CPU and both Vid cards 24/7 and all running @ %100 for the last 2 years.

BTW, it's really cool that CM includes a tube of goop with their HS/F as I've lost mine again and forgot to order the AS5. :embarrassed: I'll be around while I give some :doc .;)
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Re: Major surgery tomorrow! Replacing HS/F & PSU

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Have fun :enough: ^*^

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing