A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Looking for some new headphones

Looking for some new headphones

Postby ar1stotle » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:37 am

Well, I had some really nice Logitech noise canceling headphones, which worked wonderfully until they fell victim to a design flaw last night (technically 1:30 AM this morning lol). Now that I'm going to college, I'm going to need some headphones because I can't be annoying my roommate all the time. Anyone want to recommend a nice set? I want some that will be durable enough to stand up in a college environment. I was kinda leaning towards either getting noise-canceling headphones or 5.1 headphones, but 5.1 would be tough because my laptop doesn't have an integrated 5.1 card. And then, I probably won't be able to do as much gaming as I hope to do in college, so something that would also work with ipods is probably more favorable. I found a few pairs of stereo headphones which some people said were good for directional audio, but they didn't have active noise cancellation. Right now, I'm liking these headphones but none of the reviews say anything about how good the positional audio is... should I just assume it's good since they're supposedly pretty nice? Anyone have some input? The best headphones I've used were those Logitech ones so I'm not very comfortable in that market lol.

Oh, by the way, I considered getting a headset to use a microphone for VOIP and gaming as well, but my laptop does have a built in microphone and I think most conversing will be done over the phone unless we have like a class meeting on Vent lol. So I was thinking a headset with a mic was unnecessary... if you think I should reconsider, let me know.
PRO BRONZE

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:46 am

i use medusa 5.1s
i love them and very comfy on the ears ... especially if you wear glasses

.....How can i soar with eagles when im surrounded by turkeys.....
PRO Level 13

Postby ar1stotle » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:54 am

Well, my dad ended up fixing my Logitech headphones with some epoxy. I was going to just get the Panosonics as a replacement but I figured I was better off saving the money. So now that my stereo headphones still work, I found some 5.1 headphones on Newegg for $15 (50% off) and figured I'd just give em a go. I really don't want to spend too much money on gaming grade stuff that I won't be able to get my money's worth out of in college. I did look at those Medusa headphones though. They look pretty nice. I just couldn't justify paying that much for a headset I can really only use with games. I'm sure they'd work well for music too but you couldn't listen to an iPod or wear those on a bus/plane without looking a little goofy lol.
PRO BRONZE

Return to Hardware and Customizing