A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Joomla tutorial

Joomla tutorial

Postby gries818 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:16 pm

I'm interested in using Joomla for a site that I am developing currently but don't really understand how to go about that.

I certainly know it is possible, because my decision to do it was based off another site I know that uses it. Just can't really tell how.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby kanaloa » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:14 pm

I tried Joomla, but ultimately decided on EE for my sites (thanks to Jason's recommendation). I can help you on that one, but Joomla I haven't worked with much since I experimented with it.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby gries818 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:23 pm

kanaloa wrote:I tried Joomla, but ultimately decided on EE for my sites (thanks to Jason's recommendation). I can help you on that one, but Joomla I haven't worked with much since I experimented with it.

I appreciate the offer but the thing keeping me away from EE is the cost. Joomla's free (open source actually), so it's my appealing for the current state of the project.

Since I posted I figured out that there was an option I missed during the install to put dummy data into the database, so I think I probably can figure it out from there.

It looks really powerful, I just don't understand why it's so complex.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts